Tuesday, July 19, 2011

B is for Bouncy Ball

I have started working on preschool at home with Kaylee. I really want to homeschool and I thought it wouldnt hurt us to get started now. We both LOVE it!! I have been printing out tons of worksheets for her to do and made us a schedule of what we are going to work on. Each week we will focus on a letter and a number and also try to memorize a bible verse. We already learned the fruits of the spirit but I found cute little worksheets to go along with that so we are going over one again each week!! I love teaching her new things and she really loves to learn. She begs every day to do school and always wants to do more than I have planned for her. I am trying to cherish this time that she begs to do schoolwork because i know it wont last forever.




This week we are working on the letter B. I found a little project on pinterest that I thought would be perfect for this week...Homemade bouncy balls!! I had everything we needed except cornstarch so we picked some of that up at walmart and yesterday we made our bouncy balls. It was really easy and Kaylee was so proud that she had made her own ball.


All you need is 2 cups, 1/2 tsp of borax, 2 tbsp of glue, 1 tbsp cornstarch, 2 tbsp of water.

Mix water and borax together in a cup. Pour glue and cornstarch into the other cup but do not stir..then pour 1/2 tsp of the borox mixture over the glue and cornstarch. Let them react on their own for 15-20 seconds then stir them until they wont stir anymore. Knead the mixture into a ball shape. You can add food coloring if you like but I just left ours white. The ball will bounce better on the carpet and you have to put it in a ziploc bag or it will dry out!!

0 comments: