Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Kyle Jacob Kirkland

Well as I stated in my last post I was scheduled for induction on Monday but baby Kyle had other plans!! I had to go in to the doctor Friday morning just for a blood pressure check and ended up staying. Katelyn was staying at my house to watch the kids and my mom was at a funeral so I had to drive myself to the doctor (I haven't gone to the doctor by myself in months)..so of course they would tell me that I was staying haha. I was excited to have him but I had lots I wanted to get done over the weekend and I planned on having those last few days to get prepared!! So I asked the doctor if I went to labor and delivery and my blood pressure came down if I could go home..she said she had already written the induction orders and that I would be having the baby that day!! So I called John and told him to wrap up his work and called Katelyn and told her I wouldn't be coiming home. So they started me on pitocin around 3 I think it was and then around 5 they broke my water. I went ahead and had the epiderual cathader placed but I wasn't really in pain yet so I decided not to get the actual epideral medicine yet. I was checked around 6 and I was 5 cm so I knew we still had a while..during this check..the nurse started screaming for the doctor because when she went to check me the baby grabbed her finger which meant he had a hand out!! They were concerned that if they werent able to get his hand back in they would have to do a c-section. Luckily, the doctor was finally able to push his little hand back in and we were good to go!! Around 7 I was in suddenly in a lot of pain and crying with each contraction so I decided it was time for them to go ahead and out the medicine in my epiderual!! The doctor came in and gave me the medicine but instead of numbing me from the waist down it was numbing my uper stomach and they said that it may have been placed wrong. I was crying and in so much pain so my mom went out to ask the nurse if there was anything I could have since the epideraul didn't work and they decided they would go ahead and check me to see if these painful contractions were doing anything..when she checked she said I was fully dialated and ready to push..Kyle's heartrate was dropping so the doctor told me if I wasn't able to push him out very quickly they would take me to the operating room and do an emergency c-section. I started pushing a few minutes after 8 and he was born at 8:08. It was very quick. Thankfully once he came out everything was fine!! He weighed 6.13 pounds and was 19 3/4 inches long. I felt so great after delivery that I couldn't believe I had even had a baby!! I have no stitches and no pain at all. We were realased from the hospital on Sunday morning and so far things are going great!! I didn't ever think I would be able to love another child as much as I love Kaylee but it is really amazing how much I already love this little guy!! He is the prefect addition to our family!!Daddy using Kyles boppyMac Daddy and Uncle JordanMe and Uncle JordanDoesn't John look thrilled lolAunt Vicki and Kyle
Mami and KyleBig SisterUncle Jordan and KyleAunt Kate and KyleAunt Lori and Kyle

2 comments:

:PP said...

congratulations on baby!!

:PP said...

congratulations on baby!!