Monday, July 7, 2008

4th of July Weekend

Hope everyone had a wonderful 4th of July. We had a very busy and exciting weekend. I was off work Thursday and Friday which was really nice. Thursday morning Kaylee and I went over to the DeLaCruz's and played with Jonathan and Mylee. We had so much fun hanging out with them. Little Jonathan loves holding the babies and kissing on them and Kaylee and Mylee enjoyed babbling with each other.

On Friday morning we went to the mall and John finally agreed to let me get Kaylee's ears pierced. I was so excited. She only cried for about 30 seconds until I gave her some juice and then she was fine. I think her daddy was more traumatized than she was. haha. She looks so pretty. Friday afternoon John had to take some of his clients to Daytona to the race so Kaylee and I were on our own. We headed to Nana and Papa's for a few hours to visit Aunt Shirley and Uncle Rudy who were visiting from Ocala, and Aunt Toni and Shelton were there too. Shelton hasn't seen Kaylee since she was born so he was very anxious to see her again and hold her. He was a little bummed when he realized that she couldn't talk to him and that all she does is lay around. haha (He is only 5).

Friday night we went with my mom and dad to Rob and Vanessa Allen's house for a cookout and fireworks. It was great seeing everyone and there was a ton of wonderful food. I was a little nervous that Kaylee would be afraid of the fireworks, but she didn't mind them at all. We had a great time.

Saturday morning we met John's parents at Dave and Busters for lunch and games. Kaylee really enjoys going there and looking at all the bright lights on the games, she sat in her umbrella stroller for the first time and loved it. She likes to be able to sit up and see everything. Saturday afteroon we headed to my mom and dad's for a crab boil with the Principe's, Axtel's and Taffoa's. The food was SO good. It was also Ashlyn's 13th birthday so we got to have cake and celebrate with her. It was such a fun night. Here are some pictures from the weekend.


Sitting in my big girl stroller at Dave and Busters
Sweet GirlHappy 13th Birthday AshlynThe cake was so goodT and Sydney hanging out in the pool. Poor Sydney jumped in and smacked her nose on the side of the pool. I bet she has a nice bruise now.Noelle enjoying the birthday cakeAunt Lori and KatelynMom, Kaylee and Aunt LoriPaul and Robin AxtelPJ AxtelJordan was SO thrilled I was taking his picture..Can't you tellPhillip and Lindsey..I love this picture of themPaul and Ashlyn enjoying their cake by the pool

2 comments:

Dustin and Candice said...

Wow...all the kids in the family (i.e. Phil, Jordan and Katlyn) have grown up so much. I didn't even recognize Philip. Your baby girl is so precious! My cousin just had a baby the day before Father's Day and named her daughter Kaylee as well. Such a cute name!

The Broyles Family said...

Hey, Brendan uses that same stroller!