Monday, May 19, 2008

Big Girl!!

Our big girl has slept in her crib in her own room for the past 2 nights. John and I were a little paranoid to put her in her own room, but she kept waking up at 4:30 when he got up to get ready for work so we decided it might be the best thing to do. We went out Saturday night and got monitors and decided we would give it a shot. I kept her bassinet by my bed because I wasnt sure how long she would last in there. She had her bath and bottle and went to bed around 9:30. For the first hour and a half she was in there John and I sat on the couch and just listened to her breathing in the monitor. Every time she would move all night I was sure she was waking up..but she slept 7 hours...this was the longest she had ever done. She woke up at 4:30 and I fed her and changed her and put her back down and she slept until 6 when she decided she was up for the day!!! But a 7 hour stretch was good for me...if only she would do that everynight. Last night wasn't as good. She was sleeping all arternoon and I coouldn't wake her up to feed her so I ended up putting her to bed without feeding her at 8:30...I know she wouldn't sleep all night since she didn't eat..but she slept until 1:30 then went right back to sleep. When John got up to leave at 5:00, she had been moving around for a while and I told him to go ahead and bring her into bed with me since we only had one hour left until we had to get up and get ready. I am hoping that maybe if I start feeding her and putting her to bed around 10:30-or 11:00 she will sleep until 6:00 when we have to get up and get ready....we'll see!!!

1 comments:

Unknown said...

I did not see this before, but here
goes---This is precious. You have
done an outstanding job putting this together. But look what you had to work with - our beautiful
Kaylee and you and John. It is something to have for years to come. And Kaylee will be so proud.
Papa and I knew you would be like this, Lauren, and are two proud grandparents. Stay as happy as you are now - and keep God in the center of your lives and He will honor you. I love you so much -- Nana