Thursday, February 10, 2011

The Binky

I have a love hate relationship with these things..Heres the thing!! Both of my kids are completely addicted to them! And I kind of am too because without them my kids are cranky and dont sleep well!! My peditrician said that they need to be taken away when a child turns 2...so for Kyle to still have his is not a big problem but Kaylee will be 3 next month..so it really needs to go. I have tried taking it away numerous times and she went a couple of weeks without it and I thought we were going to finally be able to break her, but somehow she ended up with it again!! I know that I need to take it from her but I keep coming up with excuses because I know how much she loves it and how hard its going to be for her. It is already starting to mess up her teeth and I know its time its just hard. So Ive been limiting her MOST of the time to having it only when she sleeps (although she is sitting here right now with one in her mouth). That is kind of working but since Kyle walks around with one all the time she ends up finding one or taking his.

The other night I decided that we were quiting cold turkey, this was mostly due to the fact that I could only find one and I had already put Kyle in bed with it!! So she went ahead and got in her bed...she of course kept asking me for it and I told her that I wasnt sure where anymore were but if I came across one I would give it to her. Well she sand and played and talked to herself for a while then after a while I realised I no longer heard her but now Kyle was up playing and screaming. I went in to see what his deal was and sure enough she had taken his binky and curled up and went to sleep. I didnt have the heart to take it from her while she was sleeping, but I couldnt find another one so Kyle ended up having to go to bed without one. He finally fell asleep although it took him a lot longer than it normally would have.

So I say all that to say this. I think in order for me to get it away from Kaylee I am going to have to get rid of them all together!!! I am SOO not looking forward to this and I am sure we are going to have a few sleepless nights and some miserable car rides but I know its gotta be done!!! So wish me luck. We are starting next week!! I decided I would enjoy my peaceful weekend before the torture begins!! haha

0 comments: