Friday, November 26, 2010

My new hobby is...

...sewing!!! My friend Monica and I had been talking about learning to sew for close to a year and a few months ago she got a machine and started learning. When I saw all the cute things she was making I decided I had to learn myself!! I had never touched a sewing machine in my life and had NO CLUE how to even turn it on..but I was determined I wanted to learn!! So I asked my nana if I got a machine if she would be willing to teach me and she told me that my aunt in Ocala had a machine I could have!! I was thrilled..so my nana and papa picked it up for me when they went to visit and I got it a couple of weeks ago!! It hadnt been used in a while so it needed to be cleaned and oiled so my sweet friend from church who is a seamstress offered to take it home and get it ready for me. She brought it back to me on Tuesday and taught me how to thread it and shoed me the basics. I came home and started playing with it and fell in love. It is so much fun seeing what you can come up with to make. So far I have made a dress, some leggings, headbands, baby doll clothes, and a little purse for Kaylee. It is so much fun and I can't wait to get some cute fabric and try to make Kaylee a Christmas dress!! Ill post pictures of my creations when I find my camera!!

0 comments: