Friday, June 18, 2010

Kaylee Update

I thought since I updated on what Kyle was doing these days I might as well do the same for Kaylee. She is almost 27 months old now..although she thinks shes about 16. She is miss independent and likes to do everything herself. She loves to swim and she is doing really well with it. We get in the pool almost everyday. She also loves to color..she usually sits in my bed to color and she would sit there and do it for hours if I would let her...I usually limit her coloring time to only when I can be right there with her because she has proven that she isnt quite ready to be turned loose with the crayons just yet (aka coloring on the walls and floor) She is loving spending time at the park..we were going a few times a week but it is soo hot now that we hae had to either go early in the morning or late afernoon which messus up our dinner and bedtime routine, so we havent been able to go as much!! She loves spending time with her friends..her best friends and Jonathan and Mylee and Isaac and Noah. We usually try to have playdates with them every week. Monday we went to the zoo with Monica and the kids and Kaylee had a lot of fun. She loves animals and wants to touch everything. She really likes to do the water park but it was too crowded because they were having a special event that day..so we are going to go again soon so she can play there. We are trying again with the potty training. This will be the third try. Im feeling more confident this time that she will get it because she always tells me when she goes in her pants and she doesnt like being in a wet diaper. We are only on day 2..but she is doing really well...she is going on the potty a lot more times than in her pants...so thats a start!! She went through a little biting phase last week, she bit her brother twice and also bit me once and a friend...she got in big trouble every time she bit and I also made her tell her daddy when he got home each day and he talked with her...so I think we might have broken her of it..she hasnt done it since!! She is starting to love going to church to her class..up until recently she would cry if you even mentioned taking her to her class..but lately she has been asking to go and happily waving goodbye when I leave. I am so thankful for this..I hated leaving her there screaming (even though she always stopped as soon as I left) So thats pretty much all Kaylee is up to these days...just a kid enjoying her summer!!

0 comments: