Monday, June 28, 2010

1st Beach Trip

Everyone is so shocked when I say that I have never taken my kids to the beach...in fact I havent been to the beach since John and I were dating...well up until today that is!! I have been wanting to go forever but John isnt a big fan of the beach..he doesnt like to get in the water and he hates the sand..he would much rather go to the pool. I was always nervous to take them by myself because there are so many people there and you have to take so much stuff..especially when you are taking a smile child like Kyle...but I wanted to go really bad and my friends have been talking about it for a while so today we broke down and went. We had a BLAST!! It was a lot of stuff to take..and we brought home TONS of sand..but it was really fun. Kyle didnt fuss at all and he even took a little nap in his tent. Kaylee loved to play in the water with me and she enjoyed building castles in the sand..she kept saying that she wanted to build candles..haha!! I wasn't sure if she would like the water or be scared but as soon as she realized that her buddies Isaac, Noah and Michael liked the water she immediately wanted to join them. Even Kyle and Cambree liked to splash around in the water..the water was freezing so we only got in to about our ankles lol...but the kids had a really good time and so did I. We ended up going to the beach on base since we have a friend who lives on base and was able to get us in. That was nice because it is a lot less crowded than Jax beach!! We packed a lunch and lots of toys and spent all morning there. I am so glad that now we have done it and it wasn't nearly as hard as I thought it was going to be. We will definently be spending lots of time there this summer :)He loved the sand...he had it all over him when we left...evem after his bath I could still feel sand on him haha
We found this neat little tent that folds up into a little bag and pops open when you need it. It is perfect for Kyle at the beach..he even took a nap in it for a little bit!!Kaylee loved it so muchKyle was watching the birds

0 comments: