Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Baby Update

Well as I mentioned in a post last Tuesday I was at the doctor with pre-term labor..hopefully this update won't overlap with the other one..all my days are starting to run together. Anyways last Tuesday when I posted I had been in the hospital the night before because I had been having a lot of contractions. Well Tuesday afternoon after my post they were getting worse so I decided to go get checked out..I went to the doctors office and they monitored me and gave me another shot of terbutaline and sent me home with pills to take every 4 hours. She told me to call back if the contractions did not slow down. So Tuesday night aound 9 pm I was still having them and they were getting a little stronger so I called back and they told me to go to labor and delivery.

When I got there they hooked me up to the monitor and I was having them about every 5 minutes apart but they did't want to check my cervix because they wanted to wait to do some test that takes 24 hours after your last internal check...so anyways they gave me another shot of terbutaline and we waited for it to kick it...I was still having the contractions so they gave me an IV and decided to give me morphine to see if that would relax me enough to get them to stop.

After that was unsuccessful they decided they were going to put me on magnesium sulfate...this is a horrible medicine that I also had to have when I delivered Kaylee to keep my blood pressure down. They have to catheterise you to give you this medication because you are not allowed to walk around while on it. So they admitted me and started me on the magnesium..It gives you a bad headache and makes you very very hot...oh also they wouldn't let me eat..so you can imagine how unhappy that made me! LOL

So Wednesday morning they came in and said that I was still having the contractions so I wasn't going to be able to go home...I couldn't eat all day Wednesday and they did that test around 3:00 pm it came back negative which was a good thing (meaning the probability of me going into labor within the next week was low). So that evening they took the cathetar out and let me eat..Thank Goodness.

I thought I was going to be going home Thursday but I ended up staying until Friday morning just because they weren't sure what was going to happen. They ended up checking my cervix and it was thinning but not dialating yet..so they felt like it ws safe enough for me to go home as long as I was going to be on total bedrest..

So the weekend went well...I continued to have contractions and I went to the doctor yesterday and they said they didn't want to check me unless they had to since that could ramp up the labor...so I am supposed to be just hanging out at home and waiting for any changes. Last night I was having more and more that hurt but they werent in any sort of pattern so no one knows how much longer it will be. While I was in the hospital they gave me steriod shots for his lungs so that he has a better chance of them being developed if he is born early.

I go back next Monday unless something changes and in 3 weeks they will take me off the medications and let me go into labor...so stay tuned!! Who knows what will happen!!

2 comments:

Judy said...

Oh my, all that and little Miss Kaylee already at home who was probably missing her mommy!!! I hope you've got lots of friends and family to help you out through the remainder of your pregnancy!!! Bless your heart, I'll be praying for you.

John and Michelle said...

Gee whiz Lauren!! That is all crazy. I hate you're having to go thru all this. I hope you're feeling better. Take care of you!