Monday, June 1, 2009

Kaylee Update

Well...I have a lot of catching up to do since my last post. Things have been very busy for us these past few months so I haven't had much time to post. Let's see, where should I begin?

Kaylee turned 14 months old a few weeks ago and she is finally walking all over the place!! She has been walking for about a month now but she has gotten really good the past few weeks. She no longer wants to ride in the shopping cart or her stroller, she wants to walk around and explore...and of course she doesn't want you to hold her hand...she wants to do everything by herself!!

Her little attitude is starting to show more the older she gets (not sure where she gets that from haha)..some days I feel like all I do is get onto her and some days she is an angel. She is starting to communicate a lot better with us which is a lot of fun. She talks all the time but only says a few words that you can actually understand..she usually points to let me know what she wants or if I ask her if she wants something she will shake her head yes or no. I am trying to get her to use words when she wants something..but so far not much luck!!

She is a very good sleeper which is nice...I'm trying to get in all the sleep I can before the baby is born. She goes to bed at 7:00 and sleeps anywhere from 8:30-9:30 the next morning. Kaylee still loves her baby swing very much..she has one in her room and this is where she takes her naps every day. You might be thinking, isn't she too big for a baby swing...and yes, she is way to big for it..her feet hang off the bottom and her head touches the bar at the top..if I turn it on it won't even swing because she is so heavy..but she has learned how to make it swing on her own and thats how she puts herself to sleep!! I told John he needs to be thinking of ways to build her a customized baby swing before too long..haha.

We took her back to Disney world a few weeks ago and she had so much fun..she was really good and didn't even fuss about riding in her stroller. Her favorite ride is still haunted mansion...she loves it!! We only stayed 2 nights this time which worked out much better for her..by the time she had enough it was time to head home. We are going to try and go back in December with both kids...we'll see how that turns out!!

I haven't been really good about taking pictures lately, but here are a few random ones from the past few months!!

0 comments: