Friday, January 23, 2009

Sippy Cup

Well it's official...my baby is not a baby anymore... Kaylee has not had a bottle since Monday. She has been using strictly sippy cups. She has been using sippy cups for juice since she was about 4 months old, but she still used bottles for her formula. I had decided that when she turned 10 months I would start weaning her so when she was one year old she would be completly off the bottle..well Tuesday morning she woke up hungry and she wanted her bottle right away. Of course all her bottles were dirty so instead of hearing her whine while I washed one I decided to try the cup..I handed it to her and went to the bathroom and when I came back it was empty. I thought she poured it out somewhere but she didn't..she actually drank her whole cup full..so I decided that from then on we were using a sippy cup since I knew she could do it. My only concern was bedtime..I usually put her to bed with a bottle (not good I know) so I was afraid she might not go to sleep without it but she did. So we are on day 4 and so far so good!!

0 comments: