Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Our day!!

When I tell people I do in home daycare they often ask..how do you do it all day with all those babies..so I thought I would do a post to give everyone a little glimpse of what our day looks like.

John and I get up at 6:00 to get ready and at 6:30 John leaves and Kaylee gets up. I change her and feed her a bottle while we wait for our kiddos to arrive.

At 7:00 Mya gets dropped off. Mya is 3 1/2 months old. She is such a good baby. She NEVER cries and she is so laid back. You can put her down any time any where and she doesn't mind. Mya sleeps a lot and loves to be in the bouncy seat.The next to arrive is Lily at 7:15. Lily is my high mantinence baby..haha!! She wants what she wants when she wants it..but she is a cutie. Lily is almost 4 months old. She loves to be held. She spends lots of time in the swing which is the only thing that makes her happy if I am not holding her. She is just starting to eat baby food and she is not quite rolling over yet, but she is trying really hard. Won't be long.At 7:30 Jade gets dropped off. Jade is 8 months old and she is Kaylees best friend. She is so cute. She has lots of hair and I love playing with it (when she lets me)!! Jade is crawling and pulling up on everything..her and Kaylee are constantly into EVERYTHING. Jade has been with me the longest and she is developing the cutest little personality.The last to arrive is Alex. He comes anywhere from 9:30-1:30. Alex is our newest addition. He also goes to church with us. He is 4 months old. Alex was a fussy little guy when he first started coming, but he gets better each week. He likes to be held but he is starting to realize that I can't hold him all day and he will now swing and play in the exersaucer.After all the kids arrive Kaylee eats her breakfast and we do our first round of diaper changes, bottles and they go down for their morning naps. Mya sleeps in the bouncy seat, Lily sleeps in the swing downstairs, and Kaylee and Jade sleep in the swings upstairs..I don't know what I would do without my swings...there my lifesavers (Alex is not usually here at this point). They usually sleep from about 8:00 to 10:00.MyaLilyJade

Once they get up, we do another round of diaper changes (I changea lot of diapers throughtout the course of a day) then we have play time. Mya likes to play on a playmat on the floor and Lily and Alex take turns in the exersaucer. Jade and Kaylee usually crawl around and try to find things to destroy..lol.AlexLilyMya

Around 11:30-12:00 we do more diaper changes and get ready for lunch. Jade and Kaylee are the only ones who eat baby food and the little ones have bottles.

After lunch its time for afternoon naps. They all get back in their spots and sleep from about 1:00-3:00.

After afternoon naps we do ANOTHER round of diapers and more playtime..Kaylee and Jade usually watch Mickey Mouse Clubhouse and have a snack when they get up.Jade and Kaylee watching Mickey Mouse ClubhouseMya
Lily
Pick-ups start at 4:30. Mya is the first to get picked up then Jade at 5:00 and Lily at 5:15. Alex is the last to leave, usually around 5:30 or 6:00. Once they are gone I pick up the million toys that are in the floor and thats usually when John is getting home.

My job is so much fun. I love spending my days with all these little guys. I am looking forward to when they all get little bigger and we can have story time and craft time and movie day and all kinds of fun things!!!The little girlsThere not always happySome days we have lots of crying

3 comments:

Amanda Bazan said...

You're amazing!!!! I have nine two year olds for three hours.... couldnt imagine having five under one for even three hours. Good luck with everything!!! Your daughter is gorgious!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

You are crazy :) haha. About all I can handle is 4 hours with my 10 toddlers at school! lol. Glad you are enjoying it! That is what matters!

John and Michelle said...

I had no idea you did this all day. You're crazy!!!! ha ha