Tuesday, January 3, 2012

2012

Well the time has come again to make our new years resoultions..Ive been thinking the past few days about what mine would be and have come up with a few.

~Lose Weight - I mean come on..isnt that everyones new years resolution??? I was doing so good for a while with my eating good and working out but then with the holidays coming I kind of fell off the bandwagon!! My goal is to get back on track and not only to lose weight but live a healthier lifestyle.

~Be consistant with Kaylee's school - When the school year started in August I decided I would start doing K3 at home with Kaylee. I am intending to homeschool her at least for the younger years (maybe more) so I thought we would go ahead and get a head start getting into a routine and teaching her the basics. I was very good at first about printing school work for her, reading with her every day and trying to include her in projects that I thought would be good for learning. Things got busy and I got out of the routine and now we only do things few and far between. I know it isnt necessary to make sure she does school everyday since she is only 3 1/2 but I want to be more committed to it and really work at getting back into a routine with her.

~Couponing - For a few months I was an avid couponer and it really saved us a lot of money and I had fun doing it. I started doing too many other things and let the couponing go. Now that we have gone through most of the stuff I had stockpiled and are having to buy things again that I was getting for FREE..I decided that I really need to make time and make it a priority this year. I have researched a lot more about different techniques and I think I have found a way to make it work without having to spend so much time on it every day!!

~Chores - I made Kaylee a chore chart a while ago and she loved doing her chores every day (with the exception of cleaning her room) Her chore chart only had a few simple tasks on it and it only took her a few minuted to get it done. She has to get dressed, brush teeth, comb hair, make bed, get all laundry from the bathroom floor, make sure the pillows were on the couch neatly and make sure her room was picked up. I think now that she is a little older I can add a few more things and I plan on being more strict with making sure she gets them done and in a timely manner.

~Gardening - I am really into the idea of being more "self sufficient" and I really want to start a garden with veggies and other things that my family can eat. When we lived at Johns grandparents house we loved having a pear tree, grape vine and lemon trees so much when we moved last year we got a peach tree, raspberry bush and blueberry bush for our house. I am hoping that they all produce well this year and I want to add a few more things as well!!

~ Pinterest - This is kind of a funny New Years resolution but I just had to add it to the list lol. I have a ton of things I have on my "pinterest to do list" I am always seeing these great ideas and I have all intentions of trying them out but usually instead of crossing projects off my list I am adding more. I really want to start a list of "Pinterest Projects" and start getting some things crossed off lol

~Cooking - Last but not least, this year I want to get better with my cooking. It wont take much to improve since I am pretty terrible at it lol. I dont cook much at all..usually John cooks or we eat something thats easy for me to throw together like sasuage and rice or some kind of boxed dinner lol. I have seen a ton of ideas for different recipies that look fairly easy on pinterest so I am hoping to really improve this year :)

I think that about sums it up, all of these are things that I think would really benefit me and my family so I am really going to work hard at keeping up with them :) Good luck to everyone with all their resolutions and Happy New Year!!

0 comments: