Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Bubble Gum

A few weeks ago John had one of those screwball icecreams from the icecream man..the ones that have bubblegum in the bottom. Well apparantly he ate the ice cream but didn't want the bubble gum so be left it on the table by the couch. The next morning I was in the kitchen making Kaylees breakfast and when she came in there I noticed she had something in her mouth...and it smelled like bubble gum. I was thinking surely she couldn't have bubble gum.. Where would she have got it?? So I finally pryed her mouth open and realized that it was indeed bubble gum. She was really enjoying it and didn't want to give it to me so I asked her to show me where she got it from (not thinking she really would) so she took my hand and walked me to the table where she got it from and gave me the empty ice cream container. I asked her if that was where she got the gum and she shook her head yes. Not knowing whether or not to believe her I called John to ask him if he had by chance left his bubblegum on the table..and he had. I decided I would let her have it for a while and follow her around with it to make sure she didn't spit it out anywhere or get of in her hair. When I was ready to take it away she cried and cried so I gave it back to her. she ended up chewing it all day until she went to bed. It was so funny..So now I use bubblegum to bribe her to go in the nursery and sit in her carseat and anything else I want her to do.

1 comments:

Amanda Bazan said...

Ya know, some people wont let their little ones have gum. I, like you, used it as bribery. And I actually still do!!
It sounds like you guys are enjoying life!!! Good luck with your next dr. visit. Take care of yourself!!
Amanda