Monday, August 25, 2008

John's New Store

For those of you who don't know John started a new job back in June. He is now working at Fastenal which is an Industrial and Construction supply company. He started out working in the store answering phones and learning all the systems and in just a few weeks was promoted to an outside sales associate. He found out a few weeks ago that they were opening a new store in our area and he could possibly become the General Manager. Well last Monday he went down to Daytona for an interview and Wednesday he called and said he got the position. We are so excited and I am so proud of him. He worked very hard for this and I know he is going to do a great job managing this new store. His store is only a few minutes away from my work so we will be able to have lunch together sometimes which I am really looking forward to. He is going to be working a lot more hours now so I know we will cherish the time we have together a lot more now. This weekend we painted his store (thanks mom for letting Kaylee spend the night Saturday..we would not have been able to finish with her there) and this week they will be working on getting all the product in and ready to go. Here are a few pictures of us painting the shop. I will post more once the store is all set up.
We had to put primer on the wall before we could paint it blue..it took forever to paint because the concrete kept soaking up the paint.John after painting all day!!Kaylee hung out with us Saturday morning and then I took her to my mom for the night so we could finish without interruptions.She had such a great time rolling around on the floor.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

You two are fantastic -so together.
I am really proud of you -Of course
I may be partial. This is such a
precious web site and it definitely
lets everyone who reads this - know where you stand and your relationship with the Lord. What
a great beginning for Kaylee - she
is a doll. I love you ---Nana