Saturday, March 29, 2008

She's Here!!!

After the blood pressure issues and hospital stays, we are proud to announce that our baby girl has arrived. Kaylee Elizabeth was born Wednesday morning at 2:18 a.m. She weighed 6 pounds 14 ounces and was 19 1/4 inches long. I was admitted to the hospital again for the 4th time Monday morning due to my high blood pressure. My doctor decided that he wanted to call in a high risk pregnancy doctor to evaluate me and the baby and see if he thought we should go ahead and deliver. Tuesday afternoon the doctor came and after discussing our situation he decided that it was time we go ahead and deliver. They decided to induce me and started me on the pitocin around 3:30 p.m. At 4:00 p.m. the doctor came in and I was 2 1/2 centimeters dialated and he decided to go ahead and break my water. I got my epidural shortly after that and I was feeling pretty good. I had to be hooked up to magnesium because they didn't want me to have seizures since my blood pressure was so high and that made me very tired. At 10:00 p.m. the doctor checked me again and I was 4 centimeters and he said that I probably wouldn't have her until 6:00 or 7:00 in the morning..we sent everyone home exept my mom, Jordan, Aunt Lori and Ashlyn who insisted on waiting around just in case something happened sooner. I went to sleep and woke up at 12:30 a.m. feeling the urge to push. I called the nurse and she checked me and I was 8 centimeters. She told me to go ahead and try and push one time and she said she could see black hair. John called for my mom to come in the room and I started pushing at 1:00 a.m. By the time I had her everyone had made their way back to the hospital in time to see her before they had to take her to nursery. Since she was born at 36 1/2 weeks they wanted to observe her for a few hours before we could have her. Everything turned out great and we came home Friday afternoon. I will be updating more as we get setteled in but I have attached a few pictures from the hospital.

4 comments:

the mccollums... said...

OH>..I knew something was going on this week since you hadn't posted anything...CONGRATULATIONS...kiss kiss hug hug...YEAH!!! What awesome news. Sorry you had a little trouble with your blood pressure and all, but I am sure that you would do it all again to see your little baby girl! How are you doing these last couple of days at home? I'm sure that it is nice being home with your family to help. POST more picture soon for me! :) Love to all...

Dustin and Candice said...

Congrats girl! She's beautiful.

The Bunso Bunch said...

Congratulations!!! She is so adorable :) Glad to hear everything ended up going smoothly for the most part and you guys are doing well! Can't wait to see more pics!

John and Michelle said...

Congratulations! I'm happy for you that she's finally here. Take care of you too.