Thursday, March 20, 2008

Hospital Stay # 2

Well I went for my follow-up appointment Monday and my blood pressure was 160/100 when I got there. I had my weekly exam and they decided to send me back up to labor and delivery for more bloodwork and testing..My mom was with me and we were pretty sure after seeing my next few blood pressures that we would be staying overnight for more monitoring. At this point my blood pressure was running about 180/108. At about 2:00 we were told that I would be admitted and the doctor would be in that afternoon to let me know what the plan would be. When he came in he said that he wanted to try and get my blood pressure under control so that we could keep the baby in for little longer and he wanted me to start another 24 hour urine collection to see if I was leaking protein ( a sign of toxemia). At this point it was already 6:00 PM so I knew I would at least be staying until 6:00 PM the following night but would probably get to go home afrer that. John came to see me after work but decided to go ahead and go home so that he could go to work Tuesday so he can have more time off when Kaylee is born, so my mom stayed the night with me. Aunt Lori and the girls also came to visit which was nice because I wasn't too thrilled with the idea of staying there again. Tuesday morning the doctor came in about 7:00 am and said that as long as my bloodwork and urine test came back okay then I would be able to go home that night. Well...when the doctor came back that afternoon at 5:30 he said that my labs were abnormal still and he still wasn't happy with my blood pressure so I had to stay ANOTHER night. I was very upset (which probably didn't help my blood pressure any...haha). He said that every time my blood pressure would get very high he would think it was time to deliver her but then it would go back down so he wanted to wait. He said to keep my bags packed because it is really a waiting game now. I was discharged yesterday afternoon and was told to be on bedrest until my next appointment on Monday. I will be 37 weeks next Thursday and that was originally when they said they would deliver her...so we will see. Please keep us in your prayers...I am really not wanting to stay in the hospital again until I am having this baby!!!!

3 comments:

the mccollums... said...

Girl, you need to take care of yourself the next couple of weeks. I knew something was up when I hadn't seen any updated posts! This blood pressure stuff is crazy. Sounds like you have a good doctor and of course your family is right there to take care of you guys! :) Take it easy!!! Love you...XOXOXOX

Anonymous said...

Wow! Sounds like things have been crazy for you. Hope you are doing better and you have that baby girl soon :)

Dustin and Candice said...

I'm praying for you girl.