Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Homemade Laundry Soap

About a year ago I made some homemade liquid laundry detergent. I made 5 gallons and although we did end up using it all we didnt LOVE it. After the batch was gone we went back to Tide. The liquid soap did get our clothes clean, but it didnt have a great smell and it also made the colors fade very quickly. My cousin Farryn tried making some homemade powdered laundry soap and brought me some to try...I love it. It smells great, cleans great, doesnt fade the clothes and is soo much cheaper than Tide. It makes a ton so my mom and I decided to make it and split a batch. Its super easy!! Here are the directions in case anyone wants to try!!

What you need:
1 - 4lb 12oz box of borax
1 - 3lb container of oxyclean
2 - bars of fels naptha
2 - 2lb boxes of arm and hammer baking soda (or 1 4lb box)
1 - 3lb 7oz box of arm and hammer super washing soda
1 or 2 - 55oz bottles of purex crystals

Directions:
Grate the bars of fels naptha.
Pour in all ingredients and mix together. We found it was easier to mix if you do it in layers.
THATS IT YOUR DONE!!

You only use 2-4 tablespoons per load (depending on load size)

John was very skeptical at first but after our first couple of loads even he was impressed!!!

0 comments: